Thursday, November 18, 2021

I wanted to title this as something funny, but it now has a deeper meaning than I expected

 



I made this doodle yesterday, and then tonight I came from bible study that reminded me of this doodle ... but not really in a good way.

At tonight's study, we went through Luke 17:11-19 about the ten lepers Jesus healed—however, only one out of the ten lepers came back to give thanks to Him. As we observed the text, we see how the other nine lepers, though they claimed to want to follow Jesus, really wanted the gift more. Being healed and accepted back into society was what they truly wanted, as good as that as, but they wanted it more than the actual Giver Himself.

Someone also mentioned as they look back on their prayer life and how God blesses them by giving them what they want, and how easy it is for them to indulge in the gift rather than giving praise to the One who gave the gift.

And I felt that.

I drew this doodle because things haven't been easy, and honestly that's just how I've been feeling lately. It's very easy for me to be distracted by busyness than giving thanks to the Lord, exactly how the nine lepers were.

Although I know God wants to hear our prayers and to go to Him when we are troubled, may that not be a distraction to praise and worship Him about His goodness to me through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment