Monday, August 21, 2017

Grandma Betsy

Back in June, I went to Kaiser to pick up my grandma after her blood transfusion was done. She had her sunglasses on and I asked her if she could take them off because she wasn’t outside. When she did, a lot of the nurses kept complimenting how pretty her eyes were and that she shouldn’t hide them. This is what this image is based on.


My Grandma has been suffering from congestive heart failure, in addition to all her other ailments. On August 1st, she collapsed and the medics took her to Kaiser, where she was admitted for several days. My auntie was told by the doctors that two of her heart valves were leaking and her heart was functioning at only 30%. The doctors strongly advised against any surgeries due to her age and existing health condition. After much discussion, they recommended hospice and my mom, uncle, and aunt decided to bring her home. She was kept comfortable with family always by her side.

On August 13th before 7pm, our Lord took her home. It’s still surreal knowing she’s not here, but I praise God that she’s given her life to Christ and that she’s with Him and not suffering anymore. We love and miss you, Grandma. ❤️

“For if He causes grief, then He will have compassion according to His abundant lovingkindness.” Lamentations 3:32

No comments:

Post a Comment